We built StreamSong Advisors to provide a better solution for investors by being more proactive, nimble, purposeful, and thoughtful. StreamSong Advisors implements a customized approach to investment management and portfolio design.
While many firms rely on predetermined models to meet their clients’ financial needs, StreamSong understands that your investment needs are entirely individual. For these reasons, each client’s portfolio is tailored to their needs and interests. We evaluate your investment objectives within the framework of a sound, tested asset allocation process to produce well-diversified portfolios that offer an optimal mix of return and risk management. In addition to traditional methodology, we also employ our proprietary investment research to determine the right blend of public, private, and alternative investments to meet your financial objectives. Within these broad allocation guidelines, we exercise either defensive or opportunistic tactical adjustments to keep your portfolio on course. We value regular communication regarding outlook, strategy, performance, and progress towards goals to ensure exceptional portfolio design.
Investment Management Services (IMS):
- Traditional Investments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, derivatives)
- Alternative Investments
- Portfolio Design and Implementation
- Proprietary Investment Research Tools
- Private Investments
Investment Management Process:
- Our portfolio construction process starts by actively listening to understand your unique goals and circumstances.
- From there, we work with you to document and articulate these facts into a comprehensive Investment Policy Statement. This IPS serves as the blueprint for the rest of the portfolio management process.
- Following that blueprint, we design an asset allocation framework which is customized to meet your specific objectives for return, cash flow, growth, preservation, and stability.
- Within these broad guidelines, as markets change, tactical adjustments are made to the portfolio’s specific allocations to enhance return while managing risk.
- The core portion of the portfolio consists of individual large and mid-cap stocks.
- Using individual stocks allows more effective customization, reduces portfolio expenses, and improves tax efficiency.
- Stocks are selected using a combination of Quantitative Analysis (to identify Quality Companies), Fundamental Analysis (to identify the Right Price), and Technical Analysis (to identify the Right Time).
- Our investment style is best described as “Opportunistic.” Stocks increase in price for many reasons. Our three-pronged analytical approach does not tie us to any one particular style, expands the universe of potential investments, and provides diversification within the core equity portfolio.
Satellite Equity Positions
- To enhance diversification and broaden the return potential of the equity portfolio, satellite positions may be built in specialty areas such as small caps, international equities, emerging markets, or attractive themes.
- To gain exposure to these areas, managers or investments which specialize in these realms are utilized in the form of mutual funds or exchange traded funds (ETFs)
- Funds or ETFs will only be utilized when their benefit to the portfolio outweighs the internal costs of the fund.
- All funds used will be no-load, with no commission paid to StreamSong. This ensures complete unbiased objectivity in the selection process.
Fixed Income Allocation
- An allocation to bonds is designed to produce cash flow and reduce overall portfolio volatility.
- In general, this is not where we take superfluous risk to generate additional return.
- The core fixed income allocation will be constructed of individual securities if sufficient diversification can be achieved.
- Preferred stocks, convertibles and other “non-traditional” income generators may be used to enhance diversification capture yield.
Alternative Investment Allocation
- Where appropriate, incorporating alternative investments into a portfolio generally improves its risk / return efficiency.
- The term “alternative investments” covers a wide range of investments that fall outside the traditional stocks, bonds, and cash.
- Alternative investments include precious metals, hedge funds, managed futures, private equity, private debt, and real estate. The primary objective is to include assets whose returns are not highly correlated to those of the traditional markets.
- Alternative Investments involve strategies that traditionally were only available to endowments, pensions and other large institutional investors – but thanks to reduced costs, improved transparency, and increased liquidity, individual investors can benefit in a more meaningful way.